My Midwife & Me aims to provide a high quality of services which meet the needs of the public. We believe that we achieve this most of the time, but if we are not getting it right then please let us know. In order to ensure that our services remain at a high and improving standard, we have a procedure through which you can inform us of any dealings with My Midwife & Me that you consider to be unsatisfactory.
- It is in the interest of all parties that complaints are dealt with promptly and resolved as quickly as possible.
- The review of the complaint is fair, impartial, and respectful to all parties.
- Updates are to be provided to the complainant during the review process.
- Complaints are used to assist in improving services, policies, and procedures.
Types of complaints:
A complaint is an expression of dissatisfaction about the service, actions, or lack thereof by My Midwife & Me as an organisation, or a staff member or volunteer acting on behalf of My Midwife & Me. Examples include but are not limited to:
- Perceived failure to fulfill an agreed upon action.
- Failure to observe policy or procedures.
- Error(s) made by a staff member or volunteer.
- Discourteous actions or statements by a staff member or volunteer.
Complaint receipt and handling
If you are unhappy with My Midwife & Me’s service, please speak to the relevant staff member, manager or director.
If you are unhappy with an individual within My Midwife & Me, it may be best to speak to him or her directly. If you feel this would be inappropriate, please speak to the individual’s manager, coordinator or director.
You may also make a formal complaint via one of the below methods:
Telephone: 0333 577 3557
In Writing: My Midwife & Me, 7 Westlands Road, Middlewich, Cheshire, CW10 9HN
The complainant can expect that:
- They will be kept up to date.
- Their complaint will be investigated and, where appropriate, they will receive an explanation based on facts.
- Assurance that the matter has been investigated and action has been taken to prevent a recurrence.
- To be informed of any learning.
As soon as possible after completing the investigation, and within the timescale agreed with the complainant, My Midwife & Me will contact the complainant to give feedback of the investigation. Depending on the nature of the complaint, this response will be in the form of a telephone call followed up in writing by email or letter, dependent on the complainant’s wishes. If necessary, a home visit will be offered to discuss the outcome of their complaint.