Aims and Objectives
Woman centred care forms the core of the service we provide here at My Midwife & Me and our employees and members are committed to meeting our aims and objectives:
1. To deliver a service of the highest quality that will improve and sustain the woman, her family and her baby’s overall quality of life.
2. To ensure that the service is delivered flexibly, attentively and in a non-discriminatory fashion, while respecting women’s right to independence, privacy, dignity, fulfilment, and the rights to make informed choices.
3. To ensure that women’s needs and values are respected in matters of religion, culture, race or ethnic origin, sexuality and sexual orientation, political affiliation, marital status, parenthood and disabilities or impairments.
4. To manage the services efficiently and effectively to make best use of resources and to maximise value for money for women, our employees and our members.
5. To involve women, their families and their midwives and other practitioners in the provisions, management and development of services, which will be monitored regularly as part of the quality assurance framework ensuring that the service is run in the best interests of our women and their families.
6. To ensure that all women and their families are aware of the procedures of making compliments, comments and complaints.
The Nature of Services Provided
Service provision is based on the My Midwife & Me Core Values and Principles of Care. Core Values and Principles of Care My Midwife & Me believes that, for services to be effective, they should be based on sound values and principles and an understanding of the fundamental and individual needs of the women and their families in our care.
- We constantly strive for and work to achieve excellence in both clinical midwifery care and in business operational management.
- We recognize that excellence means different things to different people within different organisations and cultures. Therefore, will define ‘Excellence’ clearly, concisely, verbally, visually and in the written word in all that we do. This includes how we speak, the language we use, our appearance and our professionalism.
- We have a pioneering and creative spirit that sets us apart, we are resolute in our passion to be the best we can be to lead the world in the art and science of midwifery, to be synonymous with excellence and innovation.
- Safety is THE first and foremost crucial aspect of everything that we do. It is embedded in the ethos and philosophy of care.
- All clinical care puts the safety of women and their babies at the forefront of all clinical decision making.
- We are committed to delivering a high-quality service that empowers staff, the women and families that come under our care.
- We consider the wider demographic and epidemiological needs of our families and incorporate those needs into practice.
- We acknowledge that evidence-based practice can be derived from qualitative and quantitative research not only from a national and global perspective, but also from the women themselves. We believe discovery and exploration are the driving force to quality evidenced based care.
- Purely and simply the woman is at the very centre of everything that we do.
- All clinical care, processes and systems place the woman at the very centre.
- Every decision, whether clinical or business, puts the woman and her family first.
- We will advocate, support and empower women in our care in a non-judgemental and inclusive manner.
- Our organisation is built on a foundation based on honesty, courage, integrity and respect. An organisational culture where accountability and moral responsibility are an absolute imperative.
- Any partner can be confident that we place integrity at the very heart of all its business practices. If we cannot deliver on something – we say so! If we make a mistake – we acknowledge and learn from it.
- At all times we will act with respect, integrity, reliability and responsibility, we will: carry out our role in a responsible and professional manner; respect at all times our colleagues whether they are our peers or our managers; always treat each other in a positive way and give feedback positively and constructively.
Our Employees and Our Members
- We recognise that our employees and our members are at the very heart of our vision for the future of maternity services. Midwives should be valued and recognised as a true professional and the guardians and experts in normal birth.
- We respect all our employees and our midwives and value their contributions
- We empower our employees and our members to take the initiative and to do what is right
- We are committed to excellence in midwifery care through autonomous practice that promotes lifelong learning, integrating evidence, research and ethically based principles.
- We encourage originality and inventiveness and we celebrate success and reward achievement.